Kazan Kremlin - a holistic architectural ensemble that preserves the features of all swept over him centuries. It is framed by high white stone walls with characteristic loopholes and thirteen marquee towers. The chief attraction of Kremlin is standing inside a seven storied tower is Passage Syuyumbeki height 58 meters, characteristic profile that is visible everywhere, and compositionally balanced outlines travel the Spassky Tower, located at the opposite end of the Kremlin.
Once the Kazan Kremlin was surrounded by water on three sides. To the north of the fortress was abroad Kazanka river in the east - three lakes and man-made water from the west boundary of the city-fortress was duct-Bulak, laid by the ancient Tartar builders and connecting Kazanka the lake Kaban. This canal served as both defensive and shipping tasks - for his goods from the Volga and Kazanka delivered under the very walls of the city. In medieval times the walls of the Kremlin were bulk, oak, but inside it was built as a wood - oak and pine, and stone buildings.
By the middle of the XVI century, to the conquest of the city, there are about 30 000 people. Kazan Kremlin, and in ancient times made the most impressive impression. Russian chronicler, describing the capture of Kazan tells the story of how surprised Ivan the Terrible "extraordinary beauty of the walls of the fortress castle. And the English traveler Anthony Jenkinson, in his memoirs in 1558 wrote: "Kazan - a beautiful city, built by Russian and Tatar model with a strong castle, standing on a high hill."
Kul Sharif Mosque
In the second of October 1552 after two grueling siege and brutal assault, knocking Arskii Gates, Russian troops stormed into the burning Kazan. At the city"s streets and squares were battles. Path to the Khan"s palace stood in the most powerful Russian resistance at the walls of the mosque Kul-Sharif.
Path to the Khan"s palace for Russians blocked up the most powerful enemy opposition at the walls of the mosque Kul-Sharif. Madrassa students, led by Seid Kul-Sharif survived several attacks of Russians. But soon the defenders of the Muslim center of the Volga were defeated, and Kazan was captured.
Why we started a conversation with the Kul-Sharif Mosque in Kazan? The fact that Tsar Ivan IV, conquered Kazan, was fascinated by the many buildings of the city, including the mosque Kul-Sharif. Historical sources say that Ivan IV ordered the architectors Posnikov and Barma to build a church like Kazan mosque Kul-Sharif in downtown of Moscow. This church was supposed to symbolize the victory over Kazan by Ivan IV (of Muslims), which opened the way to the Caspian Sea and the transformation of Moscow Empire into the Russian Empire.
There are two symbols of the victory of Russian over the most type seat layout obstacle to the proliferation of Russian and South - Muslims (Tatars, Bulgars). One of these symbols - rising in the center of Moscow Church of the Intercession (St. Basil), 1556-1559, the second - was destroyed Kul-Sharif mosque in Kazan, a gem of Islamic architecture in the Volga Region of XVI century. In many russian historical sources the mosque Kul Sharif is called "Kulsharifovoy”. Many scientists who conducted research on the mosque (Michael Khudyakov, S. Aidarov), argue that the mosque had not disappeared without trace after the Russian invasion. It was rebuilt in stone Blagoveshenskiy sobor. Although there is no precise image of mosque Kul-Sharif, but the draw of Jenkinson we can judge that the mosque had many minarets. The number of minarets is determined from 6 to 8. The mosque consisted of the central tent, surrounded by eight smaller tents. According to another version, the mosque Kul Sharif is similar to the mosque - madrasah called Mihrima-Sultan, built in 1578 in Edirnekapi in Istanbul.
Leaning Tower Soyembike
The most famous building of Kazan - Tower Soyembike - according to legend, dates back to the fall of the Kazan Khanate. However, judging from all over, it was built no earlier than the last quarter of the seventeenth century, but partly on the foundations of an earlier patrol-sentry towers Khan"s period. Soyembike tower - not only the symbol of Kazan. Soyembike tower - not only the symbol of Kazan. This also is one of the few in the world of falling towers. At two meters above the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it is immediately after construction began to lurch to the east, because the west side it was built on the foundation of an old watchtower, was more stable. By 1930, the deviation from the axis of its top was already 128 centimeters. Remedial activities conducted in 1990, suspended its heel.
Another feature of the tower is its architectural grace. Tower produces unusually strong impression of harmony and aspiration to the sky, the proportionality of parts. It consists of seven stages: three rectangular with open gallery , a low parapets and four upper octagonal.
It is interesting, were people of the conquered Kazan always believed that the tower Soyembike is a national holiness? Moreover, the Russian residents of Kazan, also from the very beginning was called the tower on behalf of the disgraced Tatar Queen Soyembike. In Kazan, each tells a legend about the tower.
When Ivan the Terrible conquered Kazan and saw a beautiful queen Soyembike, he was so struck by her beauty that he offered her to become his wife. Soyembike Khanum understood: if she refuses the terrible king, he would kill all her people. And she agreed, but with one indispensable condition: to build seven storied tower to the sky in seven days. Ivan the Terrible had this condition. He collected all the world"s most famous Russian artists, and work has begun to boil. On the first day they built the first tier, the second day - the second and so on. A week later, the tower was ready - a slender, seven storied with height up to the sky.
Soyembike had no choice but to fulfill his promise. She asked the king"s permission before departure from Kazan to climb the tower and say goodbye to the city. The king allowed. Soyembike climbed the tower, said goodbye to all Kazans, fell down and died. Since then, the tower bears her name.
In fact, everything was different. In 1549 Kazan Khan, the husband of Soyembike Safa Giray died. By law, the throne of Kazan was to ascend to his son - two Utameshgaray. In 1549 he was proclaimed the khan, but remained on the throne, quite a bit. Moscow and Kazan reached the agreement that the throne was to ascend to Shah Ali. Utyamysh and his mother was subjected to extradition to Moscow authorities. They were sent to Moscow in august 11, 1551. There she died.
Soyembike - (about 1516 - after 1554) - ruler of the Kazan Khanate in 1549-51 with the minor son Utyamysh-Giree. Khan"s daughter Yuufa. Wife of Kazan khans Jan-Ali (1533-35), Safa Giray (1536-35) and Shah-Ali (s1553). Overthrown in 1551 and sent with her son to Moscow.
Kazan Bogoroditskiy Nunnery
The history of the Kazan Bogoroditskiy nunnery inextricably linked with the acquisition, the glorification and worship in Russia of miraculous the Mother of God of Kazan icon. This miraculous icon is one of the most revered in the Russian Church. Among all the Mother of God of Kazan icon image is the most revered miracle-working lists.
Before the revolution in the minds of most Russian people the provincial city of Kazan has been associated primarily with the miraculous icon of Kazan, which were kept in the Bogoroditskiy convent. The history of gaining miraculous icon and foundation of the monastery is the following. In early July 1579 in Kazan was a big fire. The fire engulfed the whole district, adjoining the Kremlin from the north-east. The yard Strelets centurion of Daniel Onuchina burned (Church tradition speaks of him as a Sagittarius, though Onouchins - Nizhny Novgorods` nobility, moved to Kazan in the 60 years of the XVI century). Twelve-year-old girl Martha, daughter of the centurion Onuchina, thrice in a dream saw the Blessed Virgin, commanding her to go to town and find the ashes of her image. The girl told her mother, as she reported on the vision of the Archbishop of Kazan Jeremiah, who blessed the clergy to participate in the search icon. The girl Martha, found the icon of the Virgin on-site burning house in june 8, 1579.
The same day, the icon was moved to the parish church of St. Nicholas of Tula, located near the site of acquiring the image of the Virgin. The priest of Kazan Nicholas - Gostinodvorskoy Church, Ermolai, later - Kazan Metropolitan, and later Russian Patriarch and martyr Hermogenes, canonized by the Russian Church in 1913, participated in finding the icons. He wrote, how he was Metropolitan of Kazan, and described the tale about finding icons and miracles about it.
In 1595 it was established a special celebration of Mother of God of Kazan icon (8 July, after gaining icons). In 1611, Metropolitan Ephraim of Kazan, which called on to fight the Poles imprisonment of Patriarch Hermogenes sent along with Kazan detachment of militia Minin and Pozharsky list of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. Before taking Moscow, Russian militia intensely prayed before the miraculous icon, as a result of the liberation of Moscow from the Poles have been attributed to intercession of Our Lady "for the sake of the Kazan Icon of her.” In memory of this event there is All - Russia celebration of Kazan icon - 22 of October. List, who was in the militia was placed in a specially built on Red Square Kazan Cathedral. Another list was miraculous in the Kazan Cathedral in St. Petersburg. Before the revolution, Kazan, Moscow and St Petersburg challenged the right to be owners of this miraculous icon. In 1904 Russia was shocked the news of the theft on the night of June 29, the miraculous icon of the Kazan Bogoroditskiy Monastery. The kidnappers were soon arrested, but the icon was not found. Version of that icon of burned or sold kidnappers Old Believers have not been confirmed. The investigation has not responded to any of the agitated believers question.
However, the kidnapping of the icon does not stop the flow of pilgrims to the place of its acquisition. In the years 1910-1913. in the basement of the cathedral, on-site acquisition of the icon was built underground temple. Moreover, in Kazan, has spread the legend that actually was kidnapped just miraculous list, but this ancient icon was hidden and preserved the old abbot.
Many think that this preserved ancient icon of Kazan Mother of God in the church of Yaroslavl Miracle Man. In place of obtaining the miraculous icon was soon founded a monastery, and one of the abbesses this monastery was Martha, became a monk. Kazan Bogoroditskiy monastery occupied an area bounded by the present streets Bolshaya Krasnaya, Yapeeva, Nagornaya and no longer existing alley from Pyatnitskaya church. By the beginning of XX century. it provides a vast architectural complex of multitemporal buildings, many of which, unfortunately, destroyed in Soviet times. Demolished the main monastery cathedral, built on the site gaining icons in 1798-1808 years by famous architect Ivan Yegorovich Starova, the bell tower height of 55 meters was lost in XVII century. From an extensive monastery complex is preserved two-storey building with Krestovozdvizhenskaya church, built in the years 1882-1887. Now it is the philological faculty of Kazan State Pedagogical Institute. Deep in the quarter are the same two- storey(ed) Nastoyatelsky and Nikolsky Corps, a semi-circle covering the spot where formerly stood the cathedral. They are built in the years 1810-1843years and designed by the architect Y.M. Shelkovnikova. A badly rebuilt church of St. Nicholas Tulskiy built in the years 1810-1816. in place of the parish church, which originally was regained icon goes into the street Nagornaya.
Peter and Paul Cathedral
Peter and Paul Cathedral, of course, is the most valuable architectural monument, one of the spiritual symbol of Kazan. Built on an elevated site, a beautiful and majestic, cathedral differs by its kind of decoration. Composition of temple and bell tower is made in the style of the so-called Russian, or "Naryshinsky", Baroque, widespread in Russia at the end of XVII - the first half of XVIII century. This composition is also found in the Kazan region (Pyatnitskaya church in Kazan, the Church in Potaniha of Vysokogorsky area, both churches were built with funds of merchant Mihlyaev). Decor gives the unique appearance to the cathedral - an abundance of facade details and their bright coloring, which is preserved to our time. Unfortunately, the names of the builders of the cathedral remained unknown. Many art critics point to the similarity of decor with ornamental decoration of temples, built in the first half of XVIII century in the Ukraine. Perhaps the church is really was built by the Little Russians, but Peter and Paul Cathedral is not a simple mechanical copy of a style. Much of his appearance is unique and is the result of outside the stylistic predilections. Great merit for that, Kazan remained a magnificent temple, belongs not only to the builders of the cathedral and I.A. Mihlyaev, but the cathedral elders and the clergy later.
The fact that the temple was subjected to partial destruction. It was damaged during a fire in 1742, 1749, 1774 (with Pugachev), 1815, 1842"s. Particularly hard hit cathedral in 1815, when nine years of the parish moved into Gostinodvorskaya church. In the 1824-1825 years it was renovated by the means of the cathedral elders, Kazan merchant Sawa Stepanovich Zaitsev (grandfather of the outstanding scientist-chemist Aleksandr Mikhailovich Zaitsev). Since 1841 nearly a century elders were elected representatives of the merchant family Unzheninyh. In 1840 - 1850-ies. it was Vasily Unzhenin, in 1860 - his cousin Vasily Stepanovich Unzhenin, 1870-1880 - son of Vasily Stepanovich Peter Vasilyevich Unzhenin, since 1891 - his son Vasily Petrovich Unzhenin, who even when he found himself in exile in China up to 1929 sent large sums for the maintenance of the temple. For 1880 years the cathedral very dilapidated, the main cause of this was the destruction of the basement, and the belfry began to heel. Many details of decor lost the original appearance. Warden P.V. Unzhenin and dean Rev. Peter Vasilyevich Malov organized major reconstruction of the temple in 1888-1890. A young architect Michael Nilovich Litvinov made the project and directed the work (later in late XIX - early XX centuries he was the architect of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow). Litvinov meticulously restored the original look of the cathedral. In this he was helped by detailed drawings and blueprints, which were made by the architect A.K. Schmidt in 1815.
Kazan miraculous icon of Mother of God
Place of finding the icons indicated in his sleep a little girl Matrona Virgin herself. Numerous copies of the Kazan icon of Our Lady can be seen today in various corners of the earth, all of which are recognized by the Orthodox Church as miraculous. Although initially regained the icon was stolen and burned in 2005 in Kazan returned to her best-known copy of the XVIII century, a long time kept by the Pope John - Paul II.
In 23th June 1579, Kazan suffered a terrible disaster - a fire destroyed the part of town near the Kremlin, the Tsar"s court, Spaso – Preobrazhenskiy Monastery and the entire north-eastern part of the tenements. Shortly after the fire of ten-year girl Matrona told his parents that he dreamed of the Mother of God, which told her to go to the place they burnt the house where hiding Her holy image. In the story of a girl no one believed. After the second phenomenon Matryona went to the conflagration, and in that place her at a depth of two feet (about half a meter) found the icon, wrapped in his coat sleeve rotted cherry color. The image was so vivid, like the icon painter had just finished his work. Icons painted on cypress board, was a waist-high image of Mother of God with Jesus, extending his hand for a blessing. The head of the Mother bowed to the baby.
With huge crowds in the presence of the clergy and the urban elite finding was attributed to the nearest church - St. Nicholas Tula, then it was placed in the Cathedral of the Blagoveshenskiy Cathedral.
This event has taken place on July 8, by old Style. For information on how this happened, we know from eyewitness - the patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Hermogenes (Hermogenes). At that time he served in the newly created Diocese of Kazan and was named Jeremiah. Virtually all studies of Kazan cited his finding the manuscript of "The Legend of the phenomenon of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God", composed around 1594. Interestingly, the whole subsequent life of St. Hermogenes, and even his martyr"s death was connected with this image.
Raifsky Bogorodinsky Monastery
Once upon a time in ancient times, near the sacred Mount Sinai, which towered of the same name peninsula, surrounding shore with its warm water of the Red Sea, arose monastic settlement called Raifa ...
It is difficult to unequivocally say that it literally meant. But, considering that through at these places was a road "the sons of Israel" from Egypt to the land of Canaan, we can assume its the Hebraic origin. Whatever it was, but it is exactly here in the IV century turned the tragic events connected with the martyrdom of the monks, the elders at the hands of the barbarians.
The image of this holy monastery emerges quite clearly in the form of a small stone church, a square at the base and elevated above the ground entrance. In essence, it was a tower that combines a place of worship and refuge in danger. Exactly here died in torture 43 monks living at that time in Raif. It is known that in the 4 century witnessed a migration from the Libyan desert to the Nile Valley pagan tribes Noba. One of their small units crossed the Suez and the Straits waged a robbery on the Sinai coast. Noba almost simultaneously attacked the monks of Sinai mountains and monks of Raifa.
During these events in Raif lived 43 monks, many of the elders had been there for 50-60 years. Take them with the barbarians at first tortured monks, demanding gold, and then killed 39 people. This elders died, praising God, and have been ranked as the Orthodox Church canonized.
And now, thirteen centuries later, the monastic spirit and traditions of the Holy Fathers in Sinai and Raif beatings were revived and transferred to the ground Kazan.
History of New Raif monastery is extremely interesting. To feel it, let"s take a look at the ancient times and feel the breath of far departed from us time ...
Recovering of Raifskiy monastery began in June of 1990, when the abbot Vsevolod, now Archimandrite, Vicar of Raifskiy Monastery, Honorary Academician of the Russian Academy of Humanitarian Sciences, Commander of the Order of Friendship of Peoples, then rector of the Peter and Paul church in Zelenodolsk and returned with the priests of their Church of the Kazan diocesan administration. On this day, he decided to look old Raif monastery, located in a 4-km route of Kazan -Zelenodolsk. Parson heard about this place from his parishioners, who remembered her before abolition, long ago. Their descriptions of the picturesque place where she was and that special grace Raifa"s atmosphere, which they kept in their hearts, urged him to see the monastery with his own eyes.
As priests approached the monastery by car, behind wooden outbuildings suddenly they saw the tall, slender tower gate, rushed into the sky with decapitated head. They could see black rust dials clock, shabby dilapidated walls with collapsed battlements and ruined tower. Bellow could be seen black rust dials of clock, shabby dilapidated walls, collapsed battlements and ruined tower. As a black spot rose above the wooden fence white cathedral of Georgian icon of Mother of God. But no desolation could not touch the grandeur and beauty of the monastery ensemble - even destroyed, it was beautiful and surrounded by protected forest.
Walk inside was not easy - on the territory of the monastery for many years there was Special Production Technical College - abbreviated SPTU, and entry was only by permission. Priests asked for protection to allow them to view the monastery and the administration of SPTU responded to their request. Director of the colony led them to the territory of the monastery and showed them the entire monastery complex.
Inside the monastery had a pitiable appearance: crumbled walls, broken roof, the dome without crosses. However, the former beauty, and grandeur of this monastery is clearly acted out of the ruins. Meanwhile, in an interview with the director and Father Vsevolod they were talking about how good it would be to re-open this monastery.
Makarievsky Monastery (Makarievskaya male hermitage)
Church tradition links the foundation of the monastery with the name of the famous Russian saint St.Makary Zheltovodskiy and Unzhenskiy.
Makariy, released from captivity Khan Ulu-Muhammed (historical fact, it was in 1438), returned to his native Kostroma, stopped for a few days on the high bank of the Volga, on the future site of the hermitage, admiring the natural beauty of this land and later bequeathed to establish on this place a monastery. This was carried out much later, in the middle of the XVII century, Schema-monk Isaiah, a monk of the monastery Makariya Zheltovodsk (this monastery was on the shore of Lake Unzha).
The founder of Makarievsky Hermitage (named so in the name Makariya Zheltovodsk) Schema-monk Isaiah, died in Dec. 10, 166.
The monastery was not so big, it was built in 1691 two-storeyed stone church (upper church was consecrated in honor of the Assumption, the lower church in honor of Vatopedskiy icon of the Mother of God and St.Makariy Zheltovodskiy). The main shrine of the monastery - a miraculous icon of St. Makariy Zheltovodskiy, brought by schemans Isaiah from Unzha and Vatopedskiy icon of the Mother of God, brought to the monastery from Afon. The temple was built over the grave of the founder of the hermitage - shema Isaiah. In 1764 hermitaget attributed to Sviazhsky Uspensky monastery, and, in fact, closed. But in 1798, followed by a decree of Emperor Paul I of the restoration of the monastery. Tradition connects the revival of the monastery once again with the beauty of places - Emperor Paul on his way up the Volga to Kazan, mentioned a beautiful view from the ship and signed a petition of Archbishop Ambrose for the restoration of the hermitage. The hermitage is restored, but the land was insignificant and was little known outside the Kazan province. Nevertheless, in the XIX century, most of the monastic buildings were rebuilt in stone. This monastery is obliged to help the rich Sviazhsky monasteries, and to residents of Sviyazhsk, as in the monastery cemetery (store up to 16 th century revolution burial) were buried many eminent citizens. In 1866 the church was built in honor of the Mother of God.
In September 1918, the hermitage was looted by the Red Army, and by the end of 1920 it left the last inhabitants - the official decision of the authorities to close the monastery was not necessary. Remoteness from populated areas contributed to the fact that most of the monastic buildings survived. In particular, preserved (albeit in a dilapidated state), two-storey nastoyatelskiy and bratskiy body, built in 1889, two fraternal polukamennyh Corps (1830 and 1847.). Keep both the monastic church. Zela and stone chapel on the source, who according to legend, stopped Macarius Unzha. In 1997, the monastery complex was transferred to the Kazan diocese.
Sviyazhsk Island is located in the picturesque estuary of Sviyaga on a high hill area of 62 hectares, 30 kilometers from Kazan. The abundant nature surrounding shallows, inlets and islands since ancient times attracted people. Later Sviyazhsk fate was such that a small area of the island blew events associated with the most important moments of national history.
Sviyazhsk is known since the XIII century, initially as the location of the pagan rituals. Founded in 1551 the city and the monasteries several centuries it was the All-Russian Orthodox shrine which attracted many people from different parts of the country. Here were created architectural masterpieces and have become significant or unique monuments of history and culture.
After 1917, in Sviyazhsk started repressions. During the civil war in 1918, under fierce fighting taking place Sviyazhsky, chairman of that body of Soviet Russia Leon Trotsky introduced here first in the Red Army decimates - shot every tenth man, fencing squads. Since the late 1920"s Sviyazhsk was a place of isolation of prisoners, a branch of the GULAG`s. It comes in a desolate, destroyed and desecrated the church shrines, monuments of history and culture. In the monastery on the island is located a mental hospital. Only in 1960 Sviyazhsk was declared as a monument of Russian history and culture, and after two decades included in the draft list of such monuments of the Soviet Union. Now the island Sviyazhsk included in the provisional list of cultural and natural heritage of UNESCO. In 1997, the management of Kazan Orthodox diocese was transferred to Uspenskiy Bogoroditskiy monastery, called to revive the ancient castle, to bring to the restoration of monuments of history and culture of restorers, to raise from the ruins of the island - relic. At the same time Sviyazhsk acquiring the status of the island-town, next year, approved the concept of its revival.
The revival of the island-town should become familiar - repentance, respect for one"s own culture and history, no matter how evolved. The revival of spirituality may be based not on destruction but on the creation.
Mardzhani mosque – the first stone mosque, built in Kazan in 1767 by architect Kaftyreva in the Russian Baroque style. The permission for building gave the Empress Catherine II herself, thus violating the long ban Tatars erect stone buildings. Russian authorities in the city, concerned that the Tatars are building too high minaret in their view, the Queen said: "I identified them a place on earth and in heaven, they are free to rise at its discretion, because the sky is not included in my possession."
The mosque is located at the intersection of K Nasyri and Z. Sultan streets. The mosque presents as two storey building with a "T" - shaped built on the north side. Entrance to the mosque is located on the south side of the right wing of built. Functionally, the mosque is divided into economic ground floor and second floor with the main chapels of enfilade rooms.
In the halls of the second floor the vaults are covered with lush stucco and gilt ornaments of vegetable nature, combining motifs of Baroque decor and Tatar decorative and applied arts.
Patterned stucco on the walls painted in blue, green and gold colors. On the right side of the wall separating the rooms, there is a door to the flush stairs leading to the minaret. The spiral staircase inside the minaret is leading on the top tier with access to the circular balcony for the muezzin.
Three-tier minaret almost has no decor and relate to the period of eclecticism. High-arched window openings are framed by a second messy baroque frames, corners and piers marked with paired and single pilasters, in the Ionic capitals of which are interwoven with stylized elements of Tatar decorative arts.
Marjani Mosque is one of the most interesting monuments of the Tatar religious architecture e of XVIII-XIX centuries. Since its creation, after more than 200-year hiatus revived monumental religious architecture and the traditional space-planning construct of the Tatars.
In the external and interior design of mosque was made new baroque motifs. Using modern for the time style characteristics in architecture mosque Mardzhani was put in a number of other prominent buildings of Kazan and the Russian architecture.
An amazing place in the suburb of Kazan, which are very fond of traveling Kazans and guests. Bathing in the lake year round, mostly in winter and without any preparation. After bathing in the lake in winter, people involuntarily smiling all day, energizing the whole week, they held headaches and absolutely all of the disease. Many have simply can not do without swimming in the lake in winter. The water is considered to have miraculous powers. There was even talk that it contains of an active radon.
It is believed that the blue lake or lakes, because their unbroken chain - a miracle, that came to us from the Ice Age. They arose as a result of karst faults and in the basic have the ice that retains water temperature constant throughout the year - winter and summer, 4 degrees!
The depth of the lakes from 2 to 17 m or more, and the nature around is amazing. All together make up a single unique complex, which are a bit on the Earth. At the bottom of the lake there are rills. Due to the constant coming of spring water in the lake fantastically good visibility for the freshwater reservoir.
The slopes of the coast under water are covered with dense thickets of elodea, which inhabits a huge number of crustaceans, amphipods, and quite a lot of water donkeys and planarians.
Crystal clean water, can give you to enjoy panoramic views of underwater life of the lake: cascading down the terraces, ledges, fringed with green bushes Charales forming a sort of thick grass, below the soft limestone rock formed a fantastic slopes at the bottom of the funnel-shaped failures darken.
Thanks to a sufficient depth, easy slope to the water and the small size of the lake, as well as exceptional water clarity Blue Lake is also still one of the best places for the training dives in dry suits for divers.
Lake Kaban - symbol of Kazan, which is associated with numerous legends. Some legends tell us about the Tatar city of Kityazhe, sinking to the bottom of the lake after the capture of Russian cities. According to others - water witch is living in the lake, creeping on the little boy or girl every year. Proof of another legend from time to time residents of the city, caught from the lake some elements of numerous Khan treasures. Lake Kaban as a whole is a system of lakes connected with each other and having a total length of about 8 km, average width of 400 m and a depth of 10 m (max 22 m).
Lake Kaban - not just a big lake, but a water system, consisting of three large lakes, connecting them to the straits and channels Bulak. Ozernaya Valley stretches more than 10 km. And work together with the adjacent lowlands area of several hundred hectares. All this space is now found inside the city.
Water mirror of Middle Caban - 58 hectares, average - twice as many - 112 hectares, Upper - 25 hectares. In sum, it amounts to more than 200 hectares. Natural question arises: when and how the lakes are formed?
Qayyum Nasyri adduces in their writings ancient legend. Once, many years ago, the first people brought here by an old man by the name of Kasyym-Sheikh. All around were merely overgrown with reeds and sedge marshes, shrub and impassable uremia. And the people murmured against: "Why have you brought us where a lot of mosquitoes and no clean water?" And then the holy man spread out his beshmet, and prayed to Allah, took the edge of the coat and dragged him along. And there, where he pulled his beshmet, emerged the lake with the purest water. In this legend reflects people attitudes to the lake as a national shrine. But, I think, already ancient people understood that their origin of the lake obliged not to beshmet of Kasyym - Sheikh.
Even in his earliest writings about Kazan it was pointed out that the origin of the lake system is undoubtedly connected with the Volga. The lakes are located on the second terrace above the floodplain. The vast majority of scientists believe that the lake - the remnants of an ancient riverbed, the bayou of the Volga. This is evidenced by their elongated, slightly curved shape, and the bottom section, and other symptoms. As scientists say, The Volga flowed here 30 - 40 thousand years ago in a period of rapid melting of glaciers, then it was once more at 15-20 and brimming. Then the Volga "breakthrough" a new course and went a few miles west. From this it follows that the age of the lake system are estimated about 25-30 thousand years.
... Many centuries ago, when the word "Tatar" was not there, all the Tartars called Bulgars and lived in a nice neighborhood and the great city of Bulgar. But here came with a myriad army of bloodthirsty conqueror Timur Aksak (Iron chromium). He took the town by storm, residents interrupted, not sparing neither women nor the elderly or infants, and property looted. Not mant people could save themselves. Among them was the son of the last Bulgar Khan Abdullah named Kaban. Since he was lord, that is, Prince called him Kabanbek. When the conquerors first levied, and then stormed the city, Abdullah Khan, with all the children of the household, and locked himself in the big stone mosque Bulgar. After failed attempts to crack the powerful iron doors Aksak Timur ordered to impose mosque from all sides with logs and burn. When the logs flared and flames rose up to the sky on the roof of the mosque, amid the smoke and flames suddenly appeared youngest daughter of Abdullah Khan, the girl of unprecedented beauty, dressed in white garments.
Kazan Arbat- the pedestrian zone- Bauman street
The centre of the city- the Bauman street- is the main artery of the city, the most beautiful place, a proud of Kazan, where you can feel the variety of the city, admire the beauty of local girls, to drink a cup of coffee, and also to renew your clothes. You can also see many monuments of architecture, and all kinds unexpected sights.